TOP 10 THINGS I LEARNED AND LOVED FROM KEVIN PLANK
Founder and CEO of Under Armour
- Find your Darth Vader. Luke Skywalker wouldn’t be him if he didn’t have his Darth Vader.
- Stop the “Loser Talk." Stop making, looking for, and finding excuses to not go after your idea.
- Be famous for one thing first. Great entrepreneurs take one product and make it the very best before moving on to other products.
- Make fast decisions. Sometimes a better decision is just to make a decision. So many people hold off and don’t do anything. Just start.
- Version 2 will always be better than version 1. Get it out there, sell version 1 and then improve upon it. Start one day at a time and keep moving forward.
- You are not a product, you are a person. A product cannot improve itself, you can.
- Take that leap of faith, and just get started. It will be scary, you will have struggles, but struggle forwards towards your dreams.
- Take the lessons you learned from “version 1.” Take that leap of faith, and apply those lessons to create the “version 2."
- Be great. The greater you are, the greater your company will be.
- Don't waist time telling people about your vision. Just show them.
"I was lucky enough to not listen to people. I was smart, to be naive enough, to not know what we could not accomplish.” "Why not us? Why not now?"
"I didn’t care what others said … all I cared about was making the best stretchy shirt in the world. The best products always wins…. you are never done.. always keep evolving. " - Kevin Plank
If this article inspired you, don't forget to share the inspiration!